The clock is winding back, once again! On a previous episode, we covered Claudia Gaillard Meer’s book on Customer Education from 1984. And now, we’re jumping forward in time 13 years to the year 1997. And we rejoined the state of customer education with the book “Strategies for Effective Customer Education” by Peter Honebein
Some highlights from this episode:
- Customer Education is one form of Customer Education, but it’s not the only form.
- Customer education has never truly gone away, it’s just been renamed.
- What does customer education mean in this time period?
- Why sales and marketing has less of a role in customer education today than in the past.
- Customer education as a means to stimulate sales.
- Customer education is only helpful when it’s about lacking knowledge or motivation.
- The importance of customer education and how to measure it.
- What if it’s not about your desire to use the product? Is it extrinsic or intrinsic?
Stay tuned for Parts 2 and 3 (yes this is a long one) for even more insights!