Welcome to Part I of a candid discussion between host Adam Avramescu, VP of Customer Education at Personio, and Stephanie Pellegrino, who leads Customer Education at Gong. You’ll hear about the macroeconomic changes in the market and how they affect us in Customer Education, insights on acing customer education job interviews.
Adam and Stephanie give an unfiltered view into the industry as hiring managers. They talk about the importance of ‘selfless listening’, meaningful conversations for successfully pivoting into the customer education field, connecting with industry professionals, and engaging in informational chats before the interview. The episode also highlights the value of hiring candidates with non-traditional backgrounds and finding the right fit for a team, as well as effective interview techniques and research strategies. Stay tuned for Part II of this important conversation coming soon.
About the Show
CELab is the Customer Education Lab for Innovative Customer Success, Enablement, and Marketing Teams. Our mission is to explore how to build Customer Education programs, experiment with new approaches, and exterminate the myths and bad advice that stop growth dead in its tracks.
Listen in as we discuss:
- Celebrating National Pistachio Day and effortful learning in instructional design
- Discussing customer education job interviews and hiring manager perspectives
- Importance of selfless listening and meaningful conversations for job seekers
- Connecting with industry professionals before interviews for valuable insights
- Acknowledging the value of hiring non-traditional backgrounds in customer education
- Finding the right fit for your team based on background and experience
- Importance of self-awareness and authenticity in interview conversations
- Connecting the dots between experience and the desired role
- Demonstrating understanding of the business and its needs
- Researching the company and asking meaningful questions during interviews
- Avoiding faking knowledge and focusing on being coachable and agile
- Comments on effective interview techniques and research strategies
- And – please – if you’ve found value in this podcast, share with your friends, your peers, and your network to help us “Find the Others”!