In this episode, Dave Derington chats with Shellie Grieve, the Director of Collaborative Learning at ServiceNow. You’ll hear about the landscape of cohort learning and its role in customer education, the impact of the pandemic on traditional training programs, and the importance of overhauling them to be more targeted and scalable. Grieve shares her journey from her STEM background to her current role and the need for innovation in virtual program design. The discussion also covers the role of gamification in learner engagement, the potential of video assessments in job readiness, and the broader skill development needed for success in the digital world.
About the Show
CELab is the Customer Education Lab for Innovative Customer Success, Enablement, and Marketing Teams. Our mission is to explore how to build Customer Education programs, experiment with new approaches, and exterminate the myths and bad advice that stop growth dead in its tracks.
Listen in as we discuss:
- National Best Friends Day
- Cohort learning and its applications in customer education
- Learning modalities in a cohort setting
- Impact of the pandemic on traditional training programs
- Shellie’s journey to corporate training
- Virtual program design
- The power of gamification in learner engagement
- Video assessments – producing job-ready individuals
- Adapting training programs during the pandemic
- Overhauling the Master Architect Program at ServiceNow
- The use of social media-like features to drive engagement
- The role of AI and machine learning
- How cohort learning can equip people with necessary skills
- Important moments that matter in the learning journey
- Setting goals and objectives for cohort learning
- Reach out to Shellie
- And – please – if you’ve found value in this podcast, share with your friends, your peers, and your network to help us “Find the Others”!