In this podcast episode, host Dave Derington speaks with John Leh, CEO/Lead Analyst at learning tech research/consulting firm, Talented Learning. Talented Learning provides independent research and analysis on learning management systems (LMS), focusing on extended enterprise or learning systems as a business. John shares his experiences in the evolution and specialization of the learning systems marketplace.
The conversation explores the difference between customer education platforms and employee learning solutions, emphasizing the importance of aligning learning systems with the specific needs and objectives of the learners. John also touches on the necessity for rapid product changes, the role of metrics, reporting, and analytics, and the reasons behind switching LMS.
About the Show
CELab is the Customer Education Lab for Innovative Customer Success, Enablement, and Marketing Teams. Our mission is to explore how to build Customer Education programs, experiment with new approaches, and exterminate the myths and bad advice that stop growth dead in its tracks.
Listen in as we discuss:
- Intro and background – John Leh
- Exploring the complexities of customer education platforms and learning management systems
- The evolution of the learning systems marketplace
- Understanding learners’ needs before choosing a system
- Independent verification of LMS
- Differentiating between customer education platforms and other learning systems
- Employee vs. customer education systems
- The role of metrics, reporting, and analytics in customer education
- Reasons for switching learning management systems
- The need for rapid product changes in learning systems
- Strategies for developing high-end content for superior learning experiences
- Finding the right product-market fit
- Multiple learning systems and transitioning between them
- And – please – if you’ve found value in this podcast, share with your friends, your peers, and your network to help us “Find the Others”!